Sunday, May 6, 2012

CLP Alum

This past weekend Marla and I had the opportunity to meet up with two past CLP alums, Samantha and Allison.  They were from the 08 class so they were the second CLP class.  It was interesting to see what has changed since their class and what is still the same.  They also gave us advice for the thesis.  Don't worry we will share.  It was also interesting to hear what they have been doing since CLP.  Samantha actually worked in my town for awhile before moving out to DC.  She now works for Congresswoman Janice Hahn, and Allison works for the DC Council.  I also found out that I have been corresponding with a CLP alum the whole semester and had no idea.  A past alum also worked for NOW and now serves as the president of Chicago NOW.  One of my job is to keep track of our chapters so I correspond quite frequently with presidents.  What a small world!

CLP may not be the biggest grad program out there, but we do have a lot of great alums who really care about us and our success.

Hope everyone had a great Cinco de Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment