Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's been fun DC

Along with Jenny, I had my last day of work this week.  I will truly miss NOW.  I had a wonderful experience with wonderful people.  Like Helen, I stayed on a few extra weeks so I was the only intern, which meant I got to do even more around the office.  I really could see myself there but not for awhile at least.

Being in DC truly has changed my views on quite a few things.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I definitely have a better sense of my views on things.  I look forward to carrying these new discoveries back with me to Illinois.  Hopefully, I can put them to good use.

I will deeply miss DC.  I have had a great time and really don't want to go.  I am still waiting to hear back from the American Association of University Women about a job as the Illinois campus organizer.  If I do not get this position, I am not sure what I will be doing back in Illinois.  I may reach other to my local officials.

Hope everyone is enjoying the rest of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment