Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy 2 Days after Cinco De Mayo?! haha

Hey!!

Soo last week was pretty eventful! Even though this is unrelated to my internship, on Wednesday I went to the Council on Global Affairs' event with Madaleine Albright, former secretary of state. That woman is hilarious and really inspiring. I was being pretty lazy at first and didn't want to go, but I'm glad that I decided to go. Our office held one of its first workshops, which was hosted by me! I really hate public speaking and was not looking forward to it, but most of the people who attended were clients that I had previously worked with, so I was a lot more comfortable than I expected to be. Overall, it was a success and our clients had great dialogue and feed back. I have also been catching the train the past few days; traffic has been TERRIBLE because of some on-going construction. I was pretty afraid to catch the train alone, but it's not that bad after all. Plus, I keep my mase, so I should be ok (haha). 

Last week was formally my last week in the office, but I decided to stay until this Thursday. I head back to Champaign on Friday to graduate (finally)!!!!! The office is pretty empty because we are transitioning into the summer term and the new interns/volunteers have not started yet, so basically there a only a few volunteers in the office because the official end date was last Friday. The clients have been really frustrated with this, but they understand that we are students; it's just kind of awkward explaining to the clients who come in on a weekly basis that we won't be able to schedule them appointments until June! :/

On a lighter note, I saw "The Avengers" this weekend- loved it! 


Talk to you guys soon, and enjoy the duration of your internships!

No comments:

Post a Comment