Thursday, May 3, 2012

Now for THIS Week’s Post...

This week was a very eventful one for me, which is nice because it is my final week here at Niagara.  On Tuesday I went down to Springfield for the Niagara Foundations annual Intercultural Reception.  We set up a bunch of cool Turkish pottery, there was a Turkish band playing, and a guy who would write your name in Turkish script (this was incredible, I got one for everyone in my family haha).  After some mingling with members of the Illinois General Assembly, there was food served in Jesse White’s office, which is ridiculously huge by the way.  After the food, there was a brief presentation of awards to various people, and Speaker of the House, Michael Madigan was the emcee.  I was able to talk to him for a few minutes and we shared a few stories about our individual trips to Turkey.  Then we had to pack everything we brought back into a rental van and drive home to Chicago.  I was given yesterday off since we got home around 1:30 AM that night, so I was able to do so much needed LSAT practice.  I’m really looking forward to get this thing over with.  Anyone else taking it June 11th?

Today, the Consul General of Israel is coming in to speak about current events in Israel, which I think will be very interesting with heightening tensions with Iran.  I’ll let you guys know how this event today goes in my next post.

P.S. - I just ate a chocolate donut, and it was delicious.

- Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment