Friday, May 11, 2012

My Last Day

Hi all,
Today is the last day of my internship and so far it has been splendid. I woke up this morning and got coffee at Bourbon, a local coffee shop in Foggy Bottom, with a friend. Then picked up some breakfast at a Georgetown Cafe I've been meaning to try all semester and strolled into work 10 minutes early (pretty big deal for me :)).

Yesterday there was a goodbye party for me and another intern. We had a pizza lunch where everyone sat around together and shared very interesting college stories :). Today is laid back, there is a lot to do but not in a stressful way. I'm enjoying my last bit of time seeing and hanging out with my co-workers, who have really treated me great since I've been here.

Reflecting on my internship, while it hasn't been exactly what I expected and there have been many a dull days, overall I am grateful for the people I was able to work with and the international government officials I was able to meet and spend time with. I feel like I made a contribution to the ILI and that they truly appreciated me, so no regrets.

I am currently still in the process of looking for a summer internship (preferably paid as my stipend is running low) but anything will do. I would really like to stay in DC. I've made good friends and have started to like it a lot here. Also, some people are going to be joining me for the summer!!!! (if i stay that is). So if you know of anything please send it my way, thanks.

-jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment