Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Back in DC

Hi All,
Things are going really well, I am avidly searching for a paid summer internship so I can afford to stay in DC! I was in St. Louis and Champaign this past week for Passover and an EU Center conference. Both of which were great! Going to Champaign was lovely, but made me realize how much I enjoy DC. Yesterday was a great day I jumped right back into the swing of things at work and after that went to meet up with Helen for our weekly yoga class and afterward went to watch the Capitals game which we both care oo soo much about... that is sarcasm (thought i would point it out to be extra clear :)) Although the Wizards played the Bulls last night and actually won if anyone cares, kinda shocking cuz the Wizards suck.  So although I was totally out of my element last night in a sports bar I can pretend I know a little something about them.

Anyways, my internship is not so exciting right now. Just a  lot of administrative tasks. I will be manning the front desk again at the end of the week, so maybe that will bring about more interesting stories. And perhaps I'll sit in on some lectures this week. Also, I hope to see some cool museums this weekend as the weather is somewhat nice and I've been missing out on my DC museum fix since I was back home soaking up the St. Louis/Champaign culture?

Anyways, sorry it's been awhile since I posted but being home hasn't given me much material.
Ciao,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment