Monday, April 2, 2012

Best Birthday ever.

Hello yall! I had my birthday last Monday, and it was pretty damn unique, but the week leading up to it was remarkable as well.
When I came to work Monday, I seriously had no idea that the office had conspired and made plans to surprise me for my birthday. First there was Cinnamon coffee cake, following with donuts, then Crumble's cupcakes, the a gift of Barbie and a headset, because I kept stealing my friend's set. A bunch of the people sang happy birthday to me loudly and awkwardly, but I was delighted. Later in the day was a volunteer event I had signed up for previously, and for which I drafted remarks--I volunteered because I thought that doing something like this instead of going out for my birthday was worth it. The volunteering itself was kind of neat, because I think they really didn't need us, but they wanted us to have the experience of going. I stood outside letting in important guests who I recognized on TV, but before I left for that I was informed that I'd be able to meet everyone's boss and his wife and take a picture, as a sort of happy birthday. I can't write the damn words down but I hope you can put two together. So anywho, I got to meet him and her, and I was basically terrified. I think they were also wondering why they were meeting and taking a picture with an intern--and although they were polite you could tell they were puzzled, wondering why I was there. He wished me happy birthday, and then I exited the wrong door and had to be called back to leave the right one. Exceptionally awkward.
Which is perfectly fine by me.

2 comments:

  1. You are silly! Happy Belated Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this post was great :-)

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete