Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy April!

Hi! Can you guys believe it's already April? Time flew by sooo fast! Last week was a normal week. I had an over the phone interview for my assistantship position for next school year, so cross your fingers for me! I also found out that I didn't get the summer internship with the DNC. "/ Ehhh, oh well! Oh, another one of my clients got hired, and he told me that his supervisor was really impressed with his resume (pats myself on the back). This past week was also Poverty Awareness Week. The events went pretty well overall; however there was a simulation that was put together about navigating the social service world, which had to be cancelled because not enough people signed up for it. I was really looking forward to this, so I was pretty upset. Hopefully, there will be more people interested next year, and the interns make changes to how they advertise for the event. Yesterday, we had another on-going training, and our guest speaker was the director of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs from Loyola. We spoke about stereotypes and stigma, and how they affect our clients and how we relate to them. The conversation got pretty intense, but it was cool hearing everyone's point of view about stereotypes. Plus, the speaker was really nice and down to earth, which made the meeting more fun than usual

No comments:

Post a Comment