Sunday, February 5, 2012

DC Livin'

Sup fellow CLPers!  Hope all is well with you!!!


I moved out to DC on January 16th and live in the Woodley Park area.  I live in student-intern housing so I share my apartment with five other women who are from James Madison University in Virginia.  I got really lucky, because they are amazing!  


My internship is at the National Organization for Women.  I am the field intern so I work under the Action Vice President.  It has been an intense month at NOW.  With the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Susan Komen debacle, and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act on the table, we have been keeping busy.  


The organization is smaller than I expected.  There are currently only four interns, and we will be getting one more in March.  Everyone is really helpful and friendly.  I have had the opportunity to participate in a lot of meetings, inside and outside the office.  I am getting a lot of insight into how a NGO operates. 


I am excited for the Super Bowl today, because a couple of my roommates are Patriots fans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment