Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Niagara Foundation

Hey Guys, I hope all is well.  I’m looking forward to hearing more about everyone’s internships; they sound pretty awesome already.

I started working downtown at the Niagara Foundation on January 9th, and have already helped plan an execute an event.  Leading up to the February 2nd Abrahamic Traditions Dinner, I had been in correspondence with other co-sponsors of the event as well as drafting and sending out invitations.  I also had to keep up with the RSVP list and guests’ payments.  Last Thursday the dinner went off without a hitch.  The event aimed to bring together the three Abrahamic faiths: Islam, Christianity, and Judaism and promote a better understanding and togetherness of all three.  There were three speakers, one from each faith who spoke on the topic of religious education.  The speakers were very insightful into religious education issues within their own faith and potential solutions.  One even proposed an institution that would accommodate all three of the Abrahamic faiths and would provide a more complete and interwoven picture of religion for its students.

I am currently waiting for the others to get into the office to get my next assignment, that is why this was a perfect time for me to write my post.  I am usually the one who opens up the office, and waits for everyone else to come in.  It’s nice because I get some quiet time to start the morning.

Anyway, good luck to all of you on your internships!

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment