Monday, February 13, 2012

Mon 6-Fri 10

Hey everyone! 

Last week was a rough week for me OUTSIDE of my internship! I was having some car problems, which is always frustrating. I am considering taking the train, but quite honestly, I’m afraid to ride alone (don’t laugh)! My client load was small this week. For whatever reason, many clients canceled their appointments, most likely because it snowed pretty badly here last week. I had one interesting client who was all over the place: a 49 year old with ADHD, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and Fibromyalgia. She was really a sad woman; you could see it in her eyes. She came in wanting to apply for public benefits (Circuit Breaker) and we managed to finish that application, and I also helped her search for new psychiatrist since she is having some conflict with her current doctor. Additionally, me and my supervisor had a meeting with a Nurse Practitioner who is putting together a program that links at-risks populations with health care. She was very knowledgeable and seems pretty passionate about her program. She also gave me some tips on how to work with clients who have psychological issues, so I can be better prepared in case I have a client similar to the one that I mentioned.

 

Well, hope everyone has a great, productive week!

Talk to you soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment