Tuesday, February 7, 2012

LIFT

LIFT

Heya! I hope everyone is enjoying their internships thus far. I've been working in my office for going on three weeks now, and I love it. LIFT is a non-for profit organization that is committed to fighting poverty via locating resources for people who need to find employment, housing, public benefits, health care, legal aid etc. The most interesting aspect of my internship is that it is run my students. I can honestly say that everyone in my office (about 40 students) is genuinely nice. BUT LIFT has a partnership with Loyola University, meaning that everyone except me goes to Loyola! So, everyone is really interested in getting to know me. Haha. 

Here, I have 2-3 clients per day, and I work one on one with them. You could say, I'm like a mini-social worker/case manager. Anyone can get help from LIFT, and our services are obviously free. So many different types of people come into this office; it makes no sense! From people with Master's degrees to people who are homeless. Well, I could go on and on, but I'll cut it short. I had originally written like a 2 page paper before Greco said that it only needed to be a paragraph or so long. -__- Talk to you guys later, and anyone who is not in Illinois, I want souvenirs! ")

No comments:

Post a Comment