Tuesday, March 6, 2012

All you want to know about procurement

So work has been busy lately, but right now my supervisor is meeting with someone else and I'm in between projects, so I thought why not blog, since I neglected to do so by Sunday.

Anyways, last week I did a lot of preparation for this month's seminar on procurement, which started Monday and goes on for all of March. I also helped paint the office on Friday with all of my fellow co-workers. It was a party haha. But really  it was actually a lot of fun and some good bonding time.

So far this week I had lunch with our delegation and talked procurement in relation to the Ministry of Education in Mozambique and engineer materials in Nigeria. It was great meeting so many people from Africa, although for many, the beautiful 50 degree weather in DC was still a bit freezing. I have also been working on an assortment of projects developing a slide on culture and negotiations for a future seminar.

Overall, things are going great at the ILI and my time is spent more or less efficiently, definitely an upgrade from the first slow month of my internship. I am also beginning to learn the multiple tasks each person is working on in the office, which impresses me more and more every day.

Also, for those in DC check out the Suprasensorial exhibit at the Hirshhorn museum on the Mall. It was amazing!
 http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/aroundthemall/2012/02/treat-your-senses-to-hirshhorns-new-suprasensorial-exhibition/

No comments:

Post a Comment