Sunday, March 4, 2012

Smooth sailing

Hej all-

It was a relatively uneventful week here in Stockholm. A new princess was born recently, which for some reason means people bring in cake to the office like daily, which is awesome. Work is still going well, although I slacked in my research this week a little what with all the cake and such, but I'll buckle down this week. Yesterday I went to a town called Uppsala, which is a 40-ish minute train ride north of Stockholm. There's a university there, and it's a much smaller town, but really adorable. It's like all the most picturesque neighborhoods in Stockholm in one smaller package.

An interesting observation I've made is how well-versed in American news people here are. Everyone has been asking me about the presidential election, and Rush's comments, and all of that. It's just interesting to note considering how little most Americans pay attention to these things in other countries.

Another fun fact about Stockholm: the metro holds the world record for the longest art gallery. All the stations are painted beautifully. This is the stop where I get off for my university.
Hopefully next week I'll have more exciting updates on my work or adventures, but overall everything is going really well and I'm loving it here!

Mel

2 comments: