Monday, March 12, 2012

You betchya.


Work has been pretty bad ass, not gunna lie. I started getting involved in some more intern projects, and that made all the difference. I could go on forever, and I've been writing it down in another file that I can share after the internship, but I don't think I'll be posting it on Google anytime soon.

I believe I have gained about 10 pounds, but with pride and immense happiness. My friend from home came to see me, and we explored DC, meaning we ate our weight in deliciousness. You HAVE to go to Bonaparte in Georgetown, a  creperie with either vegetarian, cheesy or sweet crepes. I thought I was going to start crying when I tried my carmalized peach crepe with raspberry sauce drizzle, a scoop of sorbet, covered in pistachios. It was gorgeously presented, and! I almost forgot! The coffee! Oh my gosh! Unbelievable. French press, and I'm usually not to fond of coffee--I got used to it out of habit and sleepless nights before exams--but this was a hell of an exception.


Afterwards: cupcakes. I wasn't too fond of cupcakes either--let's be honest they're usually disgusting. However, Sprinkle's red velvet with cream-cheese mixed frosting was exceptional. The fig flavored, chocolate cupcake with balsamic vinegar (yes) drizzle as well as the vegan, gluten free cupcake (yes) were eye-crossingly good.

Walked in DC during the night: glorious.
My friend, Jenny and I went to the Crime and Punishment museum: creepy and fascinating. 
Saw Game Change: frightening.
DC weather: perfect.

Hope all is well! Waiting for the cherry blossoms to come out!

3 comments: