Monday, March 12, 2012

Hello my friends,


How is everyone? I'm feeling pretty under the weather. For those of you not in Chicago, the weather here has been crazy, and it's making me sick! Nevertheless, it has been beautiful out, so I'll stop complaining. Last week was crazy in the office. Loyola had their Spring Break, so there were barely any volunteers in, and me and my two supervisors had to pick up the slack. I would have 5 clients a day, back to back, but it was actually pretty cool because it made the day go by fast. CRAZINESS: so we have this client who first came in a few weeks ago very stressed because she needed to move out of her apartment. She believes that people there are trying to kill her and that there is all types of witch craft going on. My supervisors spoke with our directors to come up with a work plan to give to her, and basically explaining that we cannot work with her, and refer her to a more supportive organization. She missed her scheduled meeting, so my supervisors thought that she wasn't going to come back. OH BUT SHE DID COME BACK! They sat down with her and explained everything calmly and nicely, but she completely spazzed out. She told my supervisor Matt that she thinks he is one of the men from her apartment who is trying to kill her, then she jumped from the table and screamed literally to the top of her lungs. Keep in mind, we had clients in the waiting area. I was two seconds away from calling the police, but she left on her own. Yea, pretty intense. Also, on Friday me and my two supervisors went out to lunch, and it was pretty cool hanging out with them and getting out of the office for awhile. Well, I hope this week goes by as fast as last week does. I am counting down the days until graduation!


Bye guys :]

No comments:

Post a Comment