Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Time Receptions

Hello friends. I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful spring weather as much as I am :) Although, I'm not sure how warm it is out in the Midwest, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. Today, in DC, I walked out of my apartment wearing sandals. My feet are finally free from the confines of winter boots and closed toed shoes!

As DC starts to warm up I am warming up to DC as well. I think I can say I actually really like it here, and am exploring so much more trying to conquer at least one museum a week. As Helen wrote in her post, this past weekend was the Crime and Punishment Museum, which was awesome. We'll see what next weekend has in store. One of my coworkers (are they my coworkers if I'm interning?) was so excited that I'm exploring DC he suggested several places to go that are kind of under the radar.

I guess if I am going to make a post to our CLP Residency blog I should maybe talk about my residency for a bit. Well it is going awesomely. One of my favorite interns left last week :( to take a job as a paralegal at a law firm). But that means that I have a ton more work, which is great (except for at this very moment, which is why I'm writing this blog post). So I've been doing a bit of research (a little bit) and schmoozing a lot with our participants at fancy receptions (okay maybe just one fancy reception). That's pretty much it, nothing too crazy or exciting, mostly doing PowerPoints and summaries... Not like I'm in Turkey or anything *cough not jealous or anything *cough

No comments:

Post a Comment